We are always scouting for talent. So if you canâ€™t imagine working anywhere else donâ€™t hesitate to contact Jeremy Benson.
The agency is an equal opportunity employer with a competitive compensation package including, among other benefits, a 401(k) program with agency matching investments at the legal maximum, a profit sharing program, medical insurance coverage, a generous vacation policy plus an unusual sabbatical program.
Whatâ€™s our human resource strategy? The agency was founded using a simple but powerful people strategy it calls the â€œUpward Spiral.â€ The agency hires truly outstanding people, who deliver stellar results, which attract the right clients, who allow the agency to hire more great professionals, and so on. The strategy is self-reinforcing and it influences every aspect of the company. For most openings, wine and spirits experience is preferred but not required.
Benson is organized around interdisciplinary account teams rather than functional groups or locations (even though we have offices in Napa Valley and New York). This complements our integrated approach to projects, which can combine PR, digital marketing, social media, branding and trade promotionsÂ into cohesive campaigns. Clients benefit by having a diverse team of specialists; you benefit by getting exposure to a broad range of marketing and communications functions, and to a blue chip client roster.
To apply for positions, or just to let us know you’re interested in what we do, please email resumes to Jeremy Benson at email@example.com
Account Executive â€“ Marketing and Public Relations
Account Executive – Marketing and PR
Anticipated Hire Date: Fall 2021
Contact: Jeremy Benson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Full time, Permanent
Office Location: Ideally Napa or Sonoma Counties, or greater San Francisco Bay Area
Nature & Scope of Position
Take your career to the next level!
Benson is looking for a motivated, self-directed professional looking to develop his or her wine and spirits marketing and media relations skills in a dynamic, collaborative work environment. Through the agencyâ€™s work, the winning candidate will gain exposure to a broad range of domestic and international brands and will expand their professional skills in not just PR but other facets of marketing.
This new position has a primary focus on Public Relations but with evolving responsibilities in other marketing disciplines â€“ social media, digital advertising, virtual events, and promotions, depending on your skills, interests, and workload. PR-oriented tasks include creating writing and pitching story ideas, coordinating virtual events, writing press materials and other responsibilities associated with a marketing position. This is not an entry level position, and some travel may be required.
The successful candidate will have 2-3+ years of public relations experience and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong writing skills required â€” top 5% written communications skills
- A track record of generating press results for brands
- PR experience with wine and spirits brands is preferred but not required
- A demonstrated intent to develop marketing skills and experience
- An understanding of the role of social networks and digital media — posts, advertising, audience targeting, etc.
- Experience working with PR reporting and media database tools
- Fluency in creating visually appealing reports in PowerPoint, Excel or other tools as required
- Valid drivers license; 21 years or older required (for purchasing wines, spirits)
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Desired Personal Attributes
- Professional, mature, positive attitude
- A team player â€” no brilliant jerks
- Tenacious, unflappable, not easily discouraged
- Creative thinker; problem solver
- An outgoing personality accustomed to proactive communications with staff, clients, journalists, and content creators
- Resourceful, solutions-oriented, flexibility to handle shifting priorities
- Well-organized, detail-oriented style, with proven time management skills.
Compensation: Salary based on skills and experience. The agency has an attractive compensation package including generous vacation benefits, sabbatical policy, 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan programs, medical insurance, and more.
POSITION FILLED. Digital Marketing Specialist
Anticipated Hire Date: Winter 2021
Contact: Jeremy Benson, email@example.com
Full time, Permanent
Office Location: Telecommuting, or either New York City or Napa Valley
Benson Marketing Group is a leading marketing agency providing brand strategy, digital and PR services from offices in New York and Napa Valley. The agency operates as one integrated, company.Â Our wine and spirits clients benefit from working with cross-functional account teams and the opportunities that arise by working with a well-connected, creative agency with a reputable client roster.
Our teammates benefit by working with a wide range of clients and campaigns within a collaborative team environment, building and broadening their marketing skills. Bensonâ€™s combination of industry focus and service integration is unique in the wine and spirits category; it is a key reason Bensonâ€™s average client engagement exceeds four years.
Attractive benefits include medical insurance, 401(k) program, profit-sharing program, generous paid vacation benefits, plus a sabbatical program.
Nature & Scope of Position
We are looking for a teammate who wants to broaden and deepen their digital marketing skills and digital campaign experience. For this position you donâ€™t need to be a wine connoisseur or spirits aficionado; we can teach you that. But if you like to create social content, run social and digital ad campaigns, and are open to new ideas and fresh thinking, then this position is for you. We are looking for savvy, curious marketers who want to advance their profession and contribute to our clientsâ€™ successes and goals, primarily to expand their consumer awareness, reach and targeting.
The main responsibilities of this position, at least initially, include:
- Creating social media strategies–goals, metrics, thematic calendars–and contributing ideas to integrated campaigns
- Copywriting and editing text for social media posts, ads, etc.
- Social media community management, including monitoring, outreach, reporting
- Managing digital ad campaigns using Facebook Ads Manager (generally under $10k/month)
- Analyzing, interpreting and reporting metrics
- Developing, executing influencer campaigns
- Executing omni-channel campaigns, e.g., digital support for in-store promotions, PR, events, etc.
- Managing client communications and responding to client needs as they evolve
The successful candidate will have 3-4 years or more of digital marketing experience:
- Facility with project management processes and work style; agency experience a plus
- Demonstrable experience interpreting data and applying it to strategy and tactics for consumer brands
- Wine and spirits industry-specific digital marketing experience not required, but consumer goods experience preferred
- Experience managing digital projects in client-agency environment preferred;
- A deep understanding of, and interest in, social platforms as storytelling devices for brands
- A collaborative team player who invests in the success of colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a fast-paced and dynamic agency environment
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, ideally in a liberal arts field
- Familiarity with Sprout Social, Asana and Slack a plus
- Secondary skills could include DSLR, eye for design, etc.