Anticipated Hire Date: Winter 2021
Contact: Jeremy Benson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Full time, Permanent
Office Location: Telecommuting, or either New York City or Napa Valley
Benson Marketing Group is a leading marketing agency providing brand strategy, digital and PR services from offices in New York and Napa Valley. The agency operates as one integrated, company. Our wine and spirits clients benefit from working with cross-functional account teams and the opportunities that arise by working with a well-connected, creative agency with a reputable client roster.
Our teammates benefit by working with a wide range of clients and campaigns within a collaborative team environment, building and broadening their marketing skills. Benson’s combination of industry focus and service integration is unique in the wine and spirits category; it is a key reason Benson’s average client engagement exceeds four years.
Attractive benefits include medical insurance, 401(k) program, profit-sharing program, generous paid vacation benefits, plus a sabbatical program.
Nature & Scope of Position
We are looking for a teammate who wants to broaden and deepen their digital marketing skills and digital campaign experience. For this position you don’t need to be a wine connoisseur or spirits aficionado; we can teach you that. But if you like to create social content, run social and digital ad campaigns, and are open to new ideas and fresh thinking, then this position is for you. We are looking for savvy, curious marketers who want to advance their profession and contribute to our clients’ successes and goals, primarily to expand their consumer awareness, reach and targeting.
The main responsibilities of this position, at least initially, include:
- Creating social media strategies–goals, metrics, thematic calendars–and contributing ideas to integrated campaigns
- Copywriting and editing text for social media posts, ads, etc.
- Social media community management, including monitoring, outreach, reporting
- Managing digital ad campaigns using Facebook Ads Manager (generally under $10k/month)
- Analyzing, interpreting and reporting metrics
- Developing, executing influencer campaigns
- Executing omni-channel campaigns, e.g., digital support for in-store promotions, PR, events, etc.
- Managing client communications and responding to client needs as they evolve
The successful candidate will have 3-4 years or more of digital marketing experience:
- Facility with project management processes and work style; agency experience a plus
- Demonstrable experience interpreting data and applying it to strategy and tactics for consumer brands
- Wine and spirits industry-specific digital marketing experience not required, but consumer goods experience preferred
- Experience managing digital projects in client-agency environment preferred;
- A deep understanding of, and interest in, social platforms as storytelling devices for brands
- A collaborative team player who invests in the success of colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a fast-paced and dynamic agency environment
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a liberal arts field
- Familiarity with Sprout Social, Asana and Slack a plus
- Secondary skills could include DSLR, eye for design, etc.