Connecting with Younger Wine Consumers
Client: Montes Wines
Starting in June 2017 Benson’s goal was to improve consumer engagement following company’s investment in a large but unengaged fan base, as well as to appeal to younger consumers.
- Developed more creative content including Benson’s studio photography, moving images, and content connecting Montes brand with attractive aspects of Chilean culture: travel, art, music, cuisine, holidays, etc.
- Refined messaging to focus on pillars: Chile, sustainability, innovation, leadership, and the brand’s angel icon.
Results: End of 2017
- Facebook engagement: rose from 2%-4% to 5%-7%
- Facebook audience: 77% between 25-44 years, indexing younger than general Facebook audience
- Instagram engagement: rose from 1-2% to 16%-18%
- Instagram Audience: 50% of Montes’ followers are 34 or younger, indexing younger than general Instagram audience
The campaign continues through 2020, focusing on raising awareness and encouraging retail sales.