Anticipated Hire Date: Summer 2018
Contact: Jeremy Benson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Full time, Permanent. Office Location: Napa Valley, or New York
Benson Marketing Group is a leading marketing agency providing branding, digital marketing, PR and advocacy marketing services from offices in New York, Napa Valley and Lyon. The agency operates as one, highly-integrated, international company. Wine and spirits clients benefit from working with cross-functional account teams and the opportunities that arise by working with a well-connected, creative agency with a reputable client roster. Our teammates benefit by working with a wide range of clients and campaigns within a collaborative team environment, building and broadening marketing skills. Benson’s combination of industry focus and service integration is unique in the wine category; it is a key reason Benson’s average client engagement exceeds four years.
Our digital marketing services continue to expand and evolve, attracting new clients.
Nature & Scope of Position
We are looking for a wine marketer with experience in digital marketing. If you like to create snappy copy, manage social and digital campaigns, and want to improve your digital marketing chops, then this position is for you. Maybe you work with a multi-brand wine or spirits company and want to expand your professional skills and experience? We are not looking for self-proclaimed “gurus,” but for savvy, ambitious, curious marketers who want to advance their profession and contribute substantially to both the agency’s business and its clients’ successes.
While marketing positions evolve to meet client needs and opportunities, the main responsibilities of this position, at least initially, include:
- Copy writing for the main social media platforms, blogs, etc.
- Creating and executing ads for Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc.
- Analyzing, reporting, applying metrics to improve campaign results
- Adapting content for both consumer and professional target markets
- Direct client interaction and management
- Executing digital campaigns
- Executing influencer and media partnerships
The successful candidate will have 3-4 years or more of winery or wine-related content development experience:
- Demonstrable track record of wine-related copy writing
- Demonstrable experience with winery social media content development, social strategy and community management
- A deep understanding of, and interest in, social platforms as storytelling devices for brands
- Experience with social advertising platforms, management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work well in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Be a team player
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in a liberal arts field
To start, total compensation will be in the range of $70k-$80k, depending on the market. Attractive benefits include healthcare insurance, 401(k) program, profit sharing program, generous paid vacation and sabbatical benefits. Candidates must provide writing samples with their resumes — send us your three best social media posts (and explain why), a case study, and any other materials that showcase your talents!