Nature & Scope of Position
Bring your copy writing, content creation and storytelling skills to our dynamic, collaborative team. As our digital marketing business grows we have more opportunities to tell our clients’ stories across digital media and social platforms. The ideal candidate is insatiably curious about digital marketing, about learning and applying new ideas, tools and solutions for connecting with consumers and trade professionals. Your core skill, though, is written communications. If you want to combine your passion for storytelling and all things wine and spirits, Benson is your place.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Social Media Content Creation: Brainstorm themes, write copy, and develop content that best connects and engages clients’ online audiences. This is the core skill we require.
- Create, edit editorial calendars for both social media and blog content
- Track metrics, recommend improvements, report results
- Research, recommend and implement new ad tools, platforms and approaches
Candidates should not send a resume if they do not meet these criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts or Marketing/Communications, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; ability to adapt to, and write for, different brand “voices” to produce unique content
- Wine marketing, or wine regional marketing experience required
- Broad and deep general wine knowledge required
- Ambitions to develop and broaden digital marketing skills
- Existing, active participation in a wide range social media platforms and activations
- Experience with current tools and platforms a plus: Buffer, Sprout Social, Later, Facebook Ads Manager, WordPress, photo editing tools (Canva, PhotoShop), Google Drive, sweepstakes applications.
- Valid driver’s license; 21 years or older required (for purchasing)
- Must be able to life 40 pounds
Desired Personal Attributes
- Very high attention to detail
- Professional, positive attitude, a team player
- Self-directed; effective at initiating projects and working independently
- Outgoing personality
- Resourceful, solutions-oriented; flexibility to handle shifting priorities
- Excellent time management skills
Compensation: Salary based on skills and experience. Benefits include 401k program, medical insurance, generous vacation policy, and sabbatical policy. This is not a telecommuting position.