Nature & Scope of Position
Looking to build your marketing communications skills? Benson is looking for a motivated, self-directed professional in wine and spirits media relations. Through the agency’s work, the winning candidate will gain exposure to domestic and international brands and winegrowing regions, the leaders driving the industry forward, and the comprehensive campaigns we conduct on their behalf.
If you are insatiably curious about wine and spirits – and about marketing communications – Benson is your place.
The position has a primary focus on media relations but we expect your responsibilities to evolve and your influence to expand. This is a dynamic, collaborate work environment that emphasizes professional development and exposure to the many facets of marketing in our industry. Core tasks include creative story development, writing story pitches and press materials, coordinating events, and other responsibilities associated with a media relations position. This is not an entry-level position and some domestic and international travel may be required (less than 10%)
Candidates should not send a resume if they do not meet these criteria:
- Required: 5+ years of experience in wine and/or B2C press relations; agency experience preferred;
- Top 5% in oral and written communications skills—strong writing skills required;
- A creative thinker
- Demonstrated experience with metrics and reporting results;
- Fluency in creating visually appealing reports in PowerPoint, Excel or other tools as required;
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish is a plus;
- Desire to develop and broaden marketing and communications skills;
- Proficiency with using social networks and digital media in a PR context;
- Valid drivers license; 21 years or older required (for wine purchasing);
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Desired Personal Attributes
- Professional, positive attitude, a team player
- Tenacious, unflappable, not easily discouraged
- An outgoing personality accustomed to proactive communications with staff and clients
- Resourceful, solutions-oriented, flexibility to handle shifting priorities
- Well-organized, detail oriented style, with proven time management skills.
Compensation: Salary based on skills and experience. Benefits include 401k program, medical insurance, generous vacation policy, and sabbatical policy. This is not a telecommuting position.