- Consumer sampling at point-of-purchase; support retailer; increase sales; educate consumers.
- Training: Benson trained each host in brand messaging, common questions, etc.
- Stock: Benson worked with local importers, wholesalers and retailers to ensure adequate stock buy-in.
- Market Selection: Based on buying season; high index for wine consumption; high growth potential markets.
- Collateral and Support: Maps, corkscrew incentive, and select advertising in some markets.
- In all markets, immediate wine sales recovered at last 75% of tasting cost; 18-24 bottles average sales per 3-hour tasting. During one week, one chain sold 172 cases versus 18 normally.