An Adventurous Trade Promotion
Client: AOP Wines of Languedoc
Goal: Increase distribution, sales of this emerging AOP tier of wines from Sud de France.
- In 2012, Benson created “L’Aventure Languedoc,” a campaign theme unifying our website, digital ads, social media, blogger tastings and PR into a month-long trade and consumer promotion. The program continues into 2017.
- Benson sells the campaign directly to on/off premise buyers, who create their own “adventure” using in-store tastings, wine dinners, BTG flights, etc. In return, ad campaign drives consumers to participating accounts.
Average Results per Year (2012-16)
- 2-3 cities, 95 accounts, 150+ retail tastings, 100 staff training seminars.
- 150-250 new wines added to lists each year.
- 16-22 AOCs from Languedoc represented.
- #LanguedocDay national Twitter tasting launches program. PR: 15-17m impressions.
US Campaign Sales Results, 2009-15:
- Exports up 194% and 252% by volume, value.