An Adventurous Trade and Consumer Promotion
Client: AOP Wines of Languedoc (CIVL)
Goal: Increase distribution, sales of this emerging AOP tier of wines from Sud de France.
- Benson was hired in late 2008 by the CIVL to complete a re-branding and initiate a more aggressive press campaign.
- In 2012, Benson expanded the program with trade and social media initiatives, including “L’Aventure Languedoc,” a comprehensive, month-long consumer promotion incorporating digital media, social media, advertising, blogger and press tastings, and in-store tastings and restaurant promotions. The program continues into 2017.
- Benson sells the campaign directly to on/off premise buyers, who create their own “adventure” using in-store tastings, wine dinners, BTG flights, etc. In return, ad campaign drives consumers to participating accounts. Everyone wins.
Average Results per Year (2012-16)
- 2-3 cities, 95 accounts, 150+ retail tastings, 100 staff training seminars.
- 150-250 new wines added to lists each year.
- 16-22 AOCs from Languedoc represented.
- #LanguedocDay national Twitter tasting launches program. PR: 15-17m impressions.
US Campaign Sales Results, 2009-16:
- After years of flat sales in the U.S., exports have risen 280% by volume and 403% by value during Benson’s campaign.